Ed Sheeran om duetten med Taylor
English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran played for 31 million viewers earlier this week when he sang Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" at the London Olympics Closing Ceremony, backed by Nick Mason and Mike Rutherford. "I'm never going to get to do something like that again in my life, so I just savored every moment of it," he tells Rolling Stone. Now, Sheeran is about to get even more exposure: he recently recorded a duet with Taylor Swift for her upcoming album Red, which hits stores on October 22nd.
Sheeran, 21, learned Swift was a fan after she wore lyrics from his song "Lego House" on her arms during her Speak Now tour. Soon, Swift's management visited one of Sheeran's gigs in Nashville. "Two days later, I got an email saying she had been a fan for awhile and ‘Should we write a song?' So we hooked up and wrote two tunes, actually, one on the record and another that's still out in the ether somewhere."
The writing session took place at Swift's home. "We wrote a song on a trampoline, ate some apple pie and had a jam. It was very fun," he says. "It came in 20 minutes, really. It was a really simple song to write. We just had two guitars and strummed it out. I've heard from everyone in the industry how cool she is; she's got a very good reputation, but you never really realize what kind of person she is until you sit down and chat with her. She's just a very warm soul."
- Alla negativa, opassande eller som i någon form attackerar Taylor, TSS eller läsare tas omedelbart bort.
- Intresserad av länkbyten? Titta i sidmenyn och se om det finns en ledig plats innan du kontaktar TSS via mejl.
- Det här är ingen plats för ovårdat språk - vi har unga läsare.
- Vi stödjer heller inte diskriminering, påhopp eller hat mot övriga kändisar och personer.
- Kommentera inte med länkar till olagligt läckt musik, film eller liknande. De kommer tas bort.
- Från och med Juni 2012 kan vi svara på era kommentarer här på TSS. Om du har frågor angående Taylor kan du alltså
lämna en kommentar på sidan, i blogresponse eller via email@example.com.
- Taylors officiella hemsidor hittar ni längst upp på sidan under "länkar".